Official forums located at www.clansgfh.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Navigation

Latest topics

» test
America economy and you! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:40 am by Mrconfus3d

» Building a new computer
America economy and you! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:16 am by hollander208

» Bot hosting
America economy and you! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:43 am by Mrconfus3d

» Tetris
America economy and you! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 6:19 am by Mrconfus3d

» fmylife
America economy and you! EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:20 pm by hollander208

» Xfire skin
America economy and you! EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:37 pm by Mrconfus3d

» Pay to play or Free to play? Debate it here!
America economy and you! EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:43 pm by hollander208

» Legendary Gladiators 1.6a
America economy and you! EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:37 pm by hollander208

» Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage
America economy and you! EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:35 pm by hollander208

Top posters

Mrconfus3d (351)
America economy and you! Bar_leftAmerica economy and you! BarAmerica economy and you! Bar_right 
sephirothk1ng (176)
America economy and you! Bar_leftAmerica economy and you! BarAmerica economy and you! Bar_right 
Amb3r (89)
Krintii (88)
O6M6E6N (82)
coltencool (60)
redninja7 (57)
usmc.avrora (55)
hollander208 (48)
Xx_d00m_xX (47)

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

3 posters

America economy and you!

sephirothk1ng
    sephirothk1ng
    Supreme God From Hell
    Supreme God From Hell

Male
    Number of posts : 176
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

America economy and you! Empty America economy and you!

Post  sephirothk1ng Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:53 am

So yea. I'm pretty sure nobody here has heard, but America's economy just shit a big rock. Merrill Lynch, a huge investment banking and financial management firm nearly went bankrupt, they were saved just barely when Bank of America bought them. Hmm...but how could such a big company nearly reach bankruptcy you ask? Well besides the fact that our political machine is made up of rusty screws and that our mind set is corrupt AND elsewhere *cough iraq cough*, shit has just been bad (except for GM, who celebrated their 100 year anniversary...those assholes)!

GM as well, they've been doing quite crapilly, and they're trying to fix it by re-releasing a full electric car that should have been out years ago (but it didn't come out cus they killed it).

On the more important note, over the weekend, the Lehman Brothers (another big financial management firm) officially went bankrupt. This caused a world wide stock fall of an average of 4.5 percent (which is really bad). over the next few weeks, we must depend on the asshole business men (of which who i will eventually become) to do their job right and save us from a potential global depression.

AIG, which you guys might have heard of, almost went bankrupt as well. on sunday 9/14/2008 they issued an emergency "distress call" saying that they needed a 40 billion dollar loan to not die. a few days before that, they said they needed 20. Today however they needed 85 billion dollars in order to not cause a domino effect of economic failure in the business world. Of course the American government decided to spend 85 billion dollars as loan money to AIG while AIG in return had to give up 79.9% of their shares to the government. Yea...pretty much the gov was like "hmm...20 billion dollars, i don't know if i want to pay 20 billion dollars or 85 billion..."

Anyways, just telling everyone as a heads up =P.

Btw window, if you post anything about how this is too boring or not interesting enough or you don't care, in fact if it's negative, or carries sarcasm in the slightest way, i will spit on your face.

No joke.

Last edited by sephirothk1ng on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mrconfus3d
    Mrconfus3d
    Supreme God From Hell
    Supreme God From Hell

Male
    Number of posts : 351

America economy and you! Empty Re: America economy and you!

Post  Mrconfus3d Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:24 am

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOWOOWWOWOW Thats hilarious man, i can never stop laughing looking at that last part of your post. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! but to get back on topic, yes, ever since bush tookover america just went downhill. Hopefully Obama can fix it or the future president. Not some shit head who thinks about weapons of mass destruction
    coltencool
    coltencool
    Scout
    Scout

Male
    Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2008-09-03

Post  coltencool Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:56 am

just wait if global resecestion happens then a ww3 gonna be coming real soon and this is not a joke just look at history and ull see the loop Exclamation

Post  Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:32 am

seph i love you so much that i think i'm gay for you..... and i have been keeping up with this too. strangely. but it's kind of funny that if these bis go down econimy goes down. which i am sitting here thinking. "who the fuck realies on stock companys and banks to keep the country going?"
    sephirothk1ng
    sephirothk1ng
    Supreme God From Hell
    Supreme God From Hell

Male

Post  sephirothk1ng Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:51 am

why thank you window i'm very flattered. but cmon...america is a capitalist country. full of capitalism and marketing, and that's why our country runs on banks and the stock market. Besides window, the WORLD runs on the stock market. eh, colten btw, i can kinda see what you're saying, but that's not the case this time.

You see, the second world war came as a result of failed promises for soldiers in ww1. eh...it's complicated, you see when the soldiers went to war, everyone was working, including women. but when the war ended, the guys came back and were like, uh bitch wtf...gimme my job back. but women actually took arms production jobs...but since the war was over, USA didn't need arms production anymore, so we had tons of veterans who didn't have jobs. this was one cause of the great depression, there are alot more factors involved, like poor banking system and low confidence in the stock market and other stuff.

but for hitler, world war 2 was a win win situation. You see, arms production is one of the most profitable industries in the world. And at that time, germany was fresh out of ww1, they had to pay for everybody's damages, and their country was equivalent to a piece of shit. so hitler was like, i hate jews...my country is poor...hmm...what if i could kill jews, by making my country rich! so basically that's how he got germany back on its feet again. Arms production gave people plenty of jobs, and his fascism was REALLY appealing to people seeing as how their past government screwed them (so people were more susceptible to newer ideas, even if radical), and hey, he got to kill jews with the guns he made!

But anyways, there won't be a world war 3 because america is already in war. Our arms production is already in effect, we don't have the same factors as we did 80 years ago. but that's how america has the number one military, and that's how america has been the number 1 country (economy wise) in the past almost century. If you look, almost all the presidents after world war 2 ended has started some shit with some country in some part of the world. First it was russia, after ronald reagan owned them, we moved on to latin america, then korea, then latin america, then vietnam, then latin america, then the middle east, then latin america, then middle east again. America's blood is litterally made out of war.

Edit: Kudos to the Bush administration who decided to do their job this week. In the past few days the dow jones industrial average has dropped somewhere a little over 800 points. On thursday however it rose a good 400 points. gj government.

Post  Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:57 pm

i can't stop saying i love you seph...... second. is it me or are ALL humans out for money and what not. before you say the world revolves around money i know that. but is it not our greed that screws over? i mean doesn't anyone learn.... sometimes i litterly feel insulted to be called a human being. gah people can be so stupid
    sephirothk1ng
    sephirothk1ng
    Supreme God From Hell
    Supreme God From Hell

Male

Post  sephirothk1ng Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:01 am

well everyone wants power. or atleast...the important people do. the reason why our history has any significance is the search of power. this is human nature...or atleast for some people. i ono bout you window. but our mistake wasn't human nature, it was giving green cloth (dollar bills) value.

edit: eh, answering your statement a little more in depth and with more thought, the great leaders in history were in their position because no one else had their ability, rather that or they wanted to be a leader. Just like how some people would rather be the pimp instead of the ho.
    sephirothk1ng
    sephirothk1ng
    Supreme God From Hell
    Supreme God From Hell

Male

Post  sephirothk1ng Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:12 am

guys, george bush played spore and his brain grew slowly with his creatures. today he said: “This is a big package, because it was a big problem,”. this was as he announced the 700 billion dollar bill he wants to pass to pay for toxic mortgages.

On top of that i found out that america isn't 1 trillion dollars in debt, not 2 trillion, not 3 trillion either, but fifty three trillion dollars in debt. so fifty three trillion dollars + 700 billion. hey we're almost at 54! Although i do believe that this is actually money well spent don't get me wrong. It's just, all this could have been avoided.

Spore should have came out 8 years ago.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:47 am