Official forums located at www.clansgfh.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Navigation

Latest topics

» test
Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:40 am by Mrconfus3d

» Building a new computer
Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:16 am by hollander208

» Bot hosting
Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:43 am by Mrconfus3d

» Tetris
Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 6:19 am by Mrconfus3d

» fmylife
Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:20 pm by hollander208

» Xfire skin
Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:37 pm by Mrconfus3d

» Pay to play or Free to play? Debate it here!
Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:43 pm by hollander208

» Legendary Gladiators 1.6a
Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:37 pm by hollander208

» Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage
Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:35 pm by hollander208

Top posters

Mrconfus3d (351)
Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios Bar_leftBlack and White 2 by Lionhead studios BarBlack and White 2 by Lionhead studios Bar_right 
sephirothk1ng (176)
Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios Bar_leftBlack and White 2 by Lionhead studios BarBlack and White 2 by Lionhead studios Bar_right 
Amb3r (89)
Krintii (88)
O6M6E6N (82)
coltencool (60)
redninja7 (57)
usmc.avrora (55)
hollander208 (48)
Xx_d00m_xX (47)

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios

Mrconfus3d
    Mrconfus3d
    Supreme God From Hell
    Supreme God From Hell

Male
    Number of posts : 351
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios Empty Black and White 2 by Lionhead studios

Post  Mrconfus3d Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:03 am

Black and white 2 is classified as an RTS game, but it is more like in a god genre (that genre does not exist, not enough games).

IN CONSTRUCTION

Storyline: 5

So, you want to know why I gave this game a 5 on its storyline? Its cheap. Its based on a prophecy that a weak (not Greek, weak) civilization will almost be annihilated but right before it does a god comes to their aid and guides them to victory. You cannot choose your civilization and there are no separate "skirmish" missions, its all in the campaign. The campaign itself is not very long either which brings the games value down A lot. There are only 8 missions in which each take about 3-6 hours, in total about 40 hours. Then it just gets boring.

Gameplay: 9

The gameplay in this game is very entertaining considering you are god and you actually DO get to do whatever you want. From killing your civilization to burning/watering forests and petting your pet. You get a pet early game, and this you can actually choose. You can choose from a cow, wolf, monkey, or a lion. There is no difference in skills, just character. What was really entertaining is you either slap your pet or pet him to teach him what is wrong or right, so you gotta keep an eye on him. Your probably saying what can that pet do? Well.... I had a bad expirience with him taking a shit everywhere. He will do literally anything. He will eat trees and ore (BAD!!!! SAVE RESOURCES!!!), he will take a shit on your defenses, buildings, fields, people, he will eat people, he will lift people as weights, gather stuff around the map, build stuff, etc etc. Other then your pet, your cursor is a hand that is fully interactable with the environment. Your villagers do anything that they want to as default (free will). But, you can pick them up and place them on a specific item/spot and they will specialize in that for the rest of their lives until they die (usually from old age). There are also many building options and features like building destruction. And, it is pixel accurate, so if you hit a building on the side, the side will break. If you hit it on the top instead of the side, the top will break. The only reason this game did not receive a 10 from me is because there were some places that could be improved in the game, for example, there is a specific influence region, and you cannot build or cast any of your godly spells past it. I support the influence region because it prevents the player from just completely destroying the enemy with godly powers, but at the same time i believe the region should be expanded a bit because at a lot of times i find it very hard to place walls, build very huge buildings, or use a godly spell to benefit the land around my city (water the forest for trees to increase, etc.). Also, the little voices inside your head can get annoying at times and i wish i could just exit it and wouldn't have to listen to their annoying voices talking about the same thing i learned in the tutorial. One other thing is that while playing, you can hear the enemies thoughts. After 10 minutes of gameplay in a level, you find yourself listening to the same thing at least 10 times. Instead of music, you hear your enemy repeat himself a million times until you do something new, then he keeps commenting about that, and its the same comment over and over. If only you knew how annoying that gets.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:39 am