Official forums located at www.clansgfh.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Navigation

Latest topics

» test
How many People have Steam? How many don't? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:40 am by Mrconfus3d

» Building a new computer
How many People have Steam? How many don't? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:16 am by hollander208

» Bot hosting
How many People have Steam? How many don't? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:43 am by Mrconfus3d

» Tetris
How many People have Steam? How many don't? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 6:19 am by Mrconfus3d

» fmylife
How many People have Steam? How many don't? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:20 pm by hollander208

» Xfire skin
How many People have Steam? How many don't? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:37 pm by Mrconfus3d

» Pay to play or Free to play? Debate it here!
How many People have Steam? How many don't? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:43 pm by hollander208

» Legendary Gladiators 1.6a
How many People have Steam? How many don't? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:37 pm by hollander208

» Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage
How many People have Steam? How many don't? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:35 pm by hollander208

Top posters

Mrconfus3d (351)
How many People have Steam? How many don't? Bar_leftHow many People have Steam? How many don't? BarHow many People have Steam? How many don't? Bar_right 
sephirothk1ng (176)
How many People have Steam? How many don't? Bar_leftHow many People have Steam? How many don't? BarHow many People have Steam? How many don't? Bar_right 
Amb3r (89)
Krintii (88)
O6M6E6N (82)
coltencool (60)
redninja7 (57)
usmc.avrora (55)
hollander208 (48)
Xx_d00m_xX (47)

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

+3
Xx_d00m_xX
Mrconfus3d
hollander208
7 posters

How many People have Steam? How many don't?

hollander208
    hollander208
    Clan Moderator
    Clan Moderator

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

How many People have Steam? How many don't? Empty How many People have Steam? How many don't?

Post  hollander208 Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:36 am

Yup that's it, just would like to know cause they have lots of news sometimes like free full version of a game with online play for a few days. Like last weekend was free online play with Team Fortress 2. How many people have Steam? How many people don't have Steam?
    Mrconfus3d
    Mrconfus3d
    Supreme God From Hell
    Supreme God From Hell

Male
    Number of posts : 351
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

How many People have Steam? How many don't? Empty Re: How many People have Steam? How many don't?

Post  Mrconfus3d Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:32 pm

I have steam, account is mrconfus3d feel free to add me anytime
    Xx_d00m_xX
    Xx_d00m_xX
    Last promotion until i'm ranked.

Number of posts : 47

How many People have Steam? How many don't? Empty Re: How many People have Steam? How many don't?

Post  Xx_d00m_xX Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:39 pm

i dont have steam...what is it anyway
    sephirothk1ng
    sephirothk1ng
    Supreme God From Hell
    Supreme God From Hell

Male
    Number of posts : 176

Post  sephirothk1ng Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:56 pm

yea i have steam, i forgot what my account name was though, sephiroth_king i think...
    But anyways, doom, steam is like....................................

nvm i can't explain it, you have to download it to understand. Basically all games created by steam need to be run through steam, which requires an internet connection (they say they have an offline mode but that's bullshit), so steam games are really hard to crack (illegally work).

Lots of popular games like Half life, Half life 2, Counterstrike, Team fortress, The Ship, Day of Defeat etc. are steam games.
    Mrconfus3d
    Mrconfus3d
    Supreme God From Hell
    Supreme God From Hell

Male
    Number of posts : 351

Post  Mrconfus3d Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:38 am

Seph you forgot to add its like xfire too, just xfire is more flexible.
    sephirothk1ng
    sephirothk1ng
    Supreme God From Hell
    Supreme God From Hell

Male
    Number of posts : 176

Post  sephirothk1ng Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:08 am

i've never thought of it like xfire. I think they added the in game chat feature not too long ago, but when i first got steam i don't think they had that, so yeh...
    hollander208
    hollander208
    Clan Moderator
    Clan Moderator

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

How many People have Steam? How many don't? Empty About Steam

Post  hollander208 Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:57 am

Valve the company that made Half-Life, Counter-Strike and so on made this program to manage all their games and plus some. They host Free Weekends where you can play a full version game online with thousands of players and they have sales and/or mark downs on games all the time. To me it seems that they add a new game a week. Oh and they sometimes do cool stuff like this last year If you Pre-Ordered Team Fortress 2 on Steam you could play it online 1 month before it was even in the stores.

What is Steam?
    For the uninitiated, Steam is Valve Software's new game content delivery system. It is a stand-alone program which performs a wide range of functions including server browsing, instant messaging, player tracking, automatic patching, and so on. Of course, a few of these functions were available in Half-Life before, but with Steam everything has been reworked into a single entity that is supposed to give users easy access to, and control over, all their Valve games and mods.

Part of the Steam plan is to sell future games, such as Half-Life 2, through the system, allowing broadband users to download their games rather than going to the store or waiting for a CD to be delivered. Valve also plans to make games available for rent via Steam, and is actively seeking other game companies interested in using the Steam platform.

List of Game Companies that are on Steam:
    2K Games
    Activision
    Atari
    Eidos Interactive
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Focus Home Interactive
    Gamecock Media Group
    id Software
    Majesco
    MumboJumbo
    PopCap Games, Inc.
    Rockstar Games
    SEGA
    Strategy First
    THQ
    Ubisoft
    Valve
    Amb3r
    Amb3r
    Clan Developer
    Clan Developer

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2008-09-12

Post  Amb3r Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:35 am

Hai.
    There are a bunch more companies, like Tripwire ( Red Orchestra)

All of my games are on my brothers accnt, but I go on myne.
    account - amb3rlea
    RP_KarmaKontrol
    RP_KarmaKontrol

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Post  RP_KarmaKontrol Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:48 am

I have Steam! I'm 'Dusksamurai' I think...
    13lade-of-War
    13lade-of-War
    I like my 4 stars.
    I like my 4 stars.

Male
    Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

Post  13lade-of-War Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:30 am

I have steam add me if you want, 13lade_of_War

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:40 am